PURPOSE AND SCOPE
- “Personal Information” means any information that relates to a natural person which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with Astrea, is capable of identifying such person.
- “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” of a person means such Personal Information which consists of information relating to:
- financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above Clauses as provided to Astrea for providing service; and
- any of the information received under any of the above Clauses by Astrea for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
Provided that any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act 2005 or any other law for the time being in force will not be regarded as Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
You represent that all the information or data you provide to us from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and that you have all the rights, permissions and consents to provide such information or data. Your providing the data/ information and our consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third -party agreement, laws, judgments, orders or decrees.
In general, the visitors to the Website can access the Website’s home page and browse some areas of the Website, without disclosing any Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
However, Astrea tracks information provided by visitor’s browser, including the website the visitor came from (known as the referring URL), the type of browser used and other information that does not personally identify any visitor of the Website. This may include installation of cookies and collection of other session data.
USE AND PROCESSING OF DATA/ INFORMATION
- The information collected by us from the visitors of our website may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations which may include the following:
- dealing with requests, enquiries and complaints, customer services and related activities;
- responding to your queries and fulfilling your requests for information regarding our products and services;
- notifying you about our new products or services and sending you important information regarding our products or service;
- legitimate business purposes; and
- responding to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
- Your data/ information will be kept confidential to the maximum possible extent and in accordance with the provisions set out herein.
DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION)
- We do not sell or rent any Personal Information (including Sensitive Personal Data or Information).
- We may disclose/ transfer your Personal Information (including Sensitive Personal Data or Information) to our partners, associates, service providers and third parties as necessary or appropriate:
- to carry out services on Astrea’s behalf under contract;
- in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to investigate against any complaints;
- to comply with any legal process whether local or foreign;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- when Astrea, in its sole discretion, deems it necessary in order to protect its rights or the rights of others;
- to protect our rights or property, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may also disclose or transfer the Sensitive Personal Data or Information, to another third party as a part of reorganization or a sale of the assets or business of Astrea. Any third party to which we transfer or sell our assets will have the right to continue to use such Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
INFORMATION PROVIDER’S RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THEIR SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION COLLECTED BY ASTREA
You may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to access, review, modify or correct your Sensitive Personal Data or Information or withdraw your consent to provide Sensitive Personal Data or Information. However, we are not responsible for the authenticity of the Sensitive Personal Data or Information provided by you.
You agree and acknowledge that certain data or information cannot be corrected or deleted or is prohibited to be deleted as required under any applicable law, law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings. In respect to such data or information, the aforementioned rights will not be available.
SECURITY PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES
We use reasonable security measures, at the minimum those mandated under the IT Act, as amended from time to time, and read with SPDI Rules, to safeguard and protect your Sensitive Personal Data or Information. You accept the inherent security implications of providing privacy to your information shared with us and you will not hold us responsible for any breach of security or the disclosure of Personal Information unless we have been grossly and willfully negligent.
We may enter into agreement with third parties (in or outside of India) to store your information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and we will on commercial reasonable basis require such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information / data.